Philo Edu at Rice University
Audience: On-campus housing Rice University Undergraduates students only. Undergraduates must be on-campus and "behind the hedges" to use Philo Edu.
Watch TV using Philo Edu at Rice University!
About Philo Edu at Rice University
- Available for on-campus housing Rice Undergraduate students only
- Philo is an IP-based television service that delivers live-streaming access of major broadcast as well as cable channels to on-campus undergraduates.
- Students can watch prime-time TV, live news, sports, and entertainment “inside the hedges” on their laptops, smartphones, tablets around campus.
- In order to view Philo Edu on more than one device, such as laptop and/or smartphone, you must be on Rice Owls.
- Rice University Philo Edu Login: http://rice.philo.com | Login with your RiceNetID and NetID password
- MyTV - upon successful login, here's a sample of the landing page. The features include: Watch Now and Recording options; listing of Recent Recordings, Trending Live, and New Upcoming!
- Live - there are two views of Live programs and channels: Grid and Guide views
- Grid View of programs and channels.
- Guide view of programs and channels.
- Welcome to My Recordings (About your Philo Edu Smart DVR)
- Recordings - this a list of current recording(s (i.e. Rizzoli and Isles)
- Search - Use Search feature to find programs
Rice Supported Devices
- You can watch Philo Edu on the following devices:
- Mac: Any Mac computer running OS X 10.8 or higher using a supported browser.
- PC: Any PC running Windows 7 or higher using a supported browser.
- iOS: Any Apple device running iOS 7 or higher by downloading our iOS app.
- Android: Most Android devices running Android 4.4 or higher by downloading the Android app. The Philo Edu app does not appear in the Google Play Store for incompatible devices. [Note: some new Android TV or devices are not compatible with Philo Edu at this time. Check with Philo Edu Support by submitting a request directly to Philo Edu. See section on Philo Edu Help Center.]
- Roku3 is fully supported.
- AppleTV is not supported for Philo Edu at Rice University.
Philo Edu Help Center: https://support.philo.com/hc/en-us