Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Network > VPN
VPN for Windows 7 and 8 Operating system
VPN Agreement / Installation and configuration of Cisco VPN client
To use a VPN at Rice:
Before you install the VPN software:
- Download the appropriate client for your operating system:
- For 64 bit systems, download vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9.exe
- For 32 bit systems, download vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe
- Locate your download and double-click to open it.
- If prompted with a security warning, click Run. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Click Unzip.
- VPN Client installation wizard. Click Next.
- Select the radio button next to I accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Destination Folder for software. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Yes to Restart your computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, look in your Start Menu > All Programs > Cisco Systems VPN folder > Cisco VPN client > open (double click).
- Click the Import button.
- Browse to the RiceNet.pcf file that you saved in step 2. Select it and click open.
- VPN Client RiceNet.pcf file was successfully imported. Click OK.
- Select RiceNet located under Connection Entry. Click Connect button.
- When prompted for username and password, Enter your NetID and* password*. (Where "NetID" is your personally assigned Rice user name and "Password" is the associated password.
- Click Continue. You are now connected to VPN.
- To disconnect from VPN click the VPN icon and select Disconnect.