Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. This solution offers audio, video, and screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms.
Anyone in the world can join a Zoom meeting but only a host can
start/schedule meetings. Use your university email and password to sign
into your account.
Rice Zoom Conferencing
- To "host or schedule" a Zoom meeting, open browser to: https://riceuniversity.zoom.us/ or click Login.
- To "Join a Meeting", if you have the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name, click Join a Meeting or click the meeting invitation link
Hosting a Meeting
- Basic Account: if you are hosting a Zoom meeting with a Basic account, the meeting time limit is 40 minutes.
- Pro Account: ** If you are hosting a meeting that will last longer than 40 minutes, please contact the Help Desk, 713-348-4357 to request a Zoom Pro account. If you are invited to "join a meeting", a Basic Account will be sufficient. (See Basic Account vs. Pro Account information below.)
Zoom Pro Licenses
In order to meet user demand for Zoom Pro licenses, the Pro license (unlimited time per host session) will be reclaimed if this account has not hosted a Zoom session for 30 days. The reclaimed account will be provisioned as a Basic license (limitation of 40 minutes per host session). If additional assistance is needed, please contact the Help Desk - email@example.com or call: 713-348-4357.
Basic Account vs. **Pro Account
| Account type
|| Basic Account
|| **Pro Account
| Meeting Duration
|| 40 minutes limit on group meetings
| How do I obtain?
|| Free | Login: https://riceuniversity.zoom.us/
|| Open Help Desk ticket to request Pro Account (**See notes below)
| Video Conferencing features
| Web Conferencing features
| Group Collaboration features
** Zoom Pro Licenses: In order
to meet user demand for Zoom Pro licenses, the Pro license (unlimited
time per host session) will be reclaimed if this account has not
hosted a Zoom session for 30 days.
First-time to Zoom!
Rice Zoom Conferencing
- Open browser to: https://riceuniversity.zoom.us/, select Login
- Login with your current Rice NetID and password
- You will be prompted to "download the Zoom application" for the device you use to Login. [You must download the application to "host" or "join a meeting".
- Upon login, you will be taken to the "My Meetings" section and view the Upcoming Meetings tab. From this tab, you can "Schedule a New Meeting" or "view upcoming meetings".
By default, your account will be a Basic Zoom account.
Devices: Download Zoom app for iOS, Android, and Blackberry platform, and launch Zoom App.
Zoom meetings can accessed on computer, smart phone, or tablets where you install the Zoom application.
After you've downloaded the application for your favorite devices, you can use the Login or Join a Meeting link above.
If you are "joining a meeting" and you have the application installed already, just click the meeting invitation link.
For more resources, see the following information:
- Getting Started Desktop, Mobile, Training, FAQ, Installation
- Zoom Video Tutorials Register for upcoming live training or access recent Zoom Videos (Zoom Meetings, Webinars)
- Download Download Zoom application for you Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android devices
- Support Zoom Help Center
- Training Weekly Zoom Training webinars; Zoom Video Tutorials